Granville To Rydalmere - 'the end of another era'
Change of location
That's right folks, Granville RSL in the past was home to Ballroom Dance Schools, Ballroom Dance Competitions, Rock 'n' Roll and Swing and Line Dancing Dance Schools and competitions and other styles of dance including many kids dance schools, we also believe that some of the greatest dance workshops were held their including Frankie Manning when he visited Australia. The great auditorium consisted of a massive performance stage, dress rooms and a huge ballroom parquetry dance floor. Only your memories will keep alive what this room once was as the future will now bring forward a new beginning for the room and the club with major renovations scheduled and planned to commence in the 2nd half of this year.
So, that leaves Let's Moove N Groove, our Tuesday night dance students and the Tuesday night dance classes to be thankful for the opportunity of being at Granville RSL on such a beautiful floor, in a grand room to an exciting transition to Rydalmere Bowling Club commencing Tuesday, 30th July 2013. We are very thankful and appreciate Rydalmere Bowling Club for welcoming our group on Tuesday nights and we hope that everyone who knows the club will support our dance school at this venue which was the hub of social rock 'n' roll dancing in the 80s, 90s and early 2000's.
Dancing is an awesome recreational activity and sport that everyone should in their lifetime have the opportunity to discover and experience. Dancing especially partner dancing does provide a holistic benefit to the mind, body and soul. There has been medical research and study to prove that with good nutrition (balanced food choices) and exercise especially dancing you are doing yourself and your partner a world of good.
What do you need to know about this transition? Here is a quick summary of the transition:
- Last night of dance classes at Granville RSL is Tuesday, 23rd July 2013;
- First night of dance classes at Rydalmere Bowling Club is Tuesday, 30th July 2013;
- Dance Class Times and Duration will change as follows:
- Lindy Hop/Jitterbug (Swing Dancing) 7pm - 7:45pm (45 minutes);
- Rock 'n' Roll 8pm - 8:45pm (45 minutes);
- We cannot guarantee an even ratio of men to women so you will need to have a partner with you to dance at this venue;
- Please leave the room and venue as you found it, so help us to leave on time by kindly taking your glassware/cups to the bar, rubbish in the bin, and chairs in.
Many thanks in advance for your support and ongoing participation and study with our dance school and at our dance classes.