Well, 2020 has been one of those years where you wish it did not exist. We all know about the COVID-19 pandemic by now and the way it's affected so many businesses in one way or another. So here is our attempt to get up and running while this COVID-19 thing is still running around.
We will be starting classes from Monday 16th November, we have decided to run two intermediate classes on Monday night till the end of the year, each class will have the same content. The reason for this is to maximize the opportunity for our existing students to get mooving and grooving.
The other big change is we need everyone to register for the class in advance and have to go contactless and there will be several conditions of entry as well, listed below:-
Conditions of Entry:-
1. You must arrange your own partner there will be no rotation and you must stay with this partner throughout the whole class. We will not be taking registrations for individuals.
2. You must book and pay before the night via PayPal (Online) or via direct deposit (Offline). We cannot accept payment on the night and this keeps it fair for everyone to make sure that those that book actually turn up, unless point 3 happens then don't turn up.
3. You MUST NOT ATTEND a dance class even if you have paid for it, if you a) feel unwell with COVID-19 symptoms b) are awaiting a COVID-19 test result, c) have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or is awaiting test results or d) have traveled overseas or been to any of the current hotspots within the last 14 days.
4. If you are not feeling well and cannot make the booked class please let us know in advance at least 24hrs so that we can give the spot to another person.
5. You must maintain Physical Distancing at all times of 1.5 metres between yourself and others. Couples living in the same household don't need to maintain physical distancing between themselves but must maintain 1.5 metres from others, when not on the floor.
When on the floor each couple is to remain in their designated area. If you feel uncomfortable being in close proximity with someone we highly recommend that you wear a mask.
The above also applies outside the room the classes are conducted in.
6. You are not to greet other students/dancers with a hug, kiss or by shaking hands. A simple nod or wave will have to do, again refer to point 5.
7. Allow those that have booked will be permitted into the room, no spectators, or the like.
8. You must be able to check-in by scanning a QR code so you will need a smartphone with a camera. As part of the check-in, your temperature will also be checked as a condition of entry.
9. There will be a designated entry and exit point, please keep an eye out for it and make sure you abide by it. This is to prevent crowding and to create flow.
10. We will be encouraging students/dancers to leave as soon as the class is finished. It's basically going to be a rock up do your class and then go situation. As we need time to clean the room and touchpoints after the classes.
How to use the online system:-
Each event is essentially one class, be mindful of the times you pick as you will not be able to change them after you register. The qty is set to 2 by default as we can only accept BYO partners.
1. Click the Register button for the class/event you want to register for.
2. A popup will appear with the selected event/class (Leave the QTY at 2)
3. You can add more classes/events by clicking the Add more classes/events button.
4. Once you are done adding all the classes you want to attend, click on the checkout button
5. Enter all the information, then click on Process Registration, if you pick PayPal you will be taken there to complete the payment, if you have chosen offline details for direct deposit will be provided.
6. That's it.